2019 STIHL MS 461
A powerful and well-balanced saw that is designed exclusively for fire, rescue and emergency work service.
When conducting rescue operations, time is of the essence. Emergency workers need a dependable chainsaw to access trouble spots, provide additional ventilation, or assist with Rapid Intervention Teams (RIT) operations. With the input of professional firefighters, STIHL designed the MS 461 R Rescue specifically for fire, rescue and emergency services work. With features like an extra-large starting handle (for use with fire gloves), an extended chip deflector, a built-in tool holder and muffler, this saw is a valuable asset for first responders from coast to coast. When time matters, this rescue saw matters.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- Displacement: 76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.5 kW (6.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 7.0 kg (15.4 lb.)
- Overall Dimension W/20" Bar (L/w/h): 105.4cm/30.0cm/32.0cm (41.5"/11.8"/12.6")
- Overall Volume W/20" Bar: 101.2 L (3.57 cu. ft.)
- Fuel Capacity: 800 cc (27.1 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 325 cc (11.0 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" RDR Rescue Chain (RDR)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 63 cm (16" to 25")STIHL ROLLOMATIC® ES
- Power Source: Gas
- 4.7 cu. in. (76.5 cc)
- Horse Power
- 6.0 bhp (4.5 kW)
- 15.4 lb. (7.0 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 25 in. (40 to 63 cm)